The trail today was more like what I've been expecting. Except for at one junction we didn't see a trail marker for the first 4 miles. We did see a lot of this, and worse. There was a lot of climbing over and through big fallen trees. My legs are tired. And the one big climb was really steep. These are not complaints per se... I just expect we'll see a lot more of this sort of thing.
This was a gorgeous little break at Gladie Creek.
There are so many beautiful things I want to share, but I'm just too tired to add much more. This was the high point of the day both physically (almost), and emotionally. The trail went right through Indian Arch.
I love the textures on the rocks with minerals, lichen, and the rocks themselves.
Turned out the arch was not all the way up. We climbed a little more to the top of the rock formation, and this was the view across the valley.
A failure in planning was that I didn't realize the parking was on a spur trail. When we found that out in the morning, the sign said it was a quarter mile. Ha! Of course it was 4 tenths.
Tomorrow we enter the Red River Gorge Geological Area.
Miles walked in 2026: 402.5
Miles on the Sheltowee Trace: 77.9
Sheltowee Trace, Kentucky, Corner Ridge TH to Red River Rd, plus a spur. Total 9.9 miles.
![]() | See Sheltowee Trace-Day 6- Geology |







That looks like a grueling day. What a feeling of accomplishment you must have had at the end though
ReplyDelete