A few things have been blooming, but most not spectactularly. Still, they make me happy.
The first one is in this post only because it wasn't blooming the other day. This is the other of my day lilies, called 'Young Love.' I'm hoping there will be a day when the all bloom together and I can get a pic of that.
Here is the Sedum 'Atlantis' that I like so much. But this is the first time it's bloomed for me.
Also just starting to bloom is this rosette of the Sempervivum 'Black.' They all look pretty much alike when they flower.
Betsy gave me a small Dahlia. I missed getting a picture of the first flower, but it has another. I have no idea which Dahlia it is. And you have to take them in for the winter. We'll see if that happens.
Here's the best of all although it didn't succeed at looking very good. That white oriental poppy I bought was determined to flower, even if late. It made a bud, but then it was trying to open those days when the air quality was so terrible. I don't know if that affected it, but this was the best it managed. Still- I can't wait till next year!
Then it quickly dropped all the petals. But I think it's interesting that the seed pod is not black like the other colors, but reddish.
I managed to get a lot done today- editing, watered the gardens, mowing, some gardening, a long phone call, and then I walked 4.5 miles on roads. OF course, since I watered there was a pop-up rainstorm! Quite windy right now.
Miles walked in 2026: 232.2
Miles for Onekama Challenge: 44
![]() | See Let the Day Lilies Begin |







All great looking plants. Interesting looking poppy
ReplyDelete