The first one was purposeful. We went to a museum that had reptiles of Kentucky. It was pretty interesting, but most of the critters weren't labeled. You know how I feel about that. These might be a red-eared sliders.
Then we happened to stumble on a living history day. This was really interesting. It was at a reconstructed log house at Gladie. There were all kinds of displays of historic crafts, and lots of Native American crafts as well. Kids got to start a fire without matches, try their hands at grinding corn by hand, etc.
Here are some woven mats.
This is the interior of the Gladie Cabin. The event was huge, and free to the public. We could have stayed much longer, but...
We had stumbled on this opportunity the day before, and even though it was pricey, we decided that would be our big splurge. This is a kayak tour through an old limestone mine, all underground.
The day was fading, but that was perfect to visit Chimney Top Rock because the late light was hitting it nicely. This was only a short walk from the car.
And... we still had time to squeeze in one more arch, another very short walk. This one is Princess Arch.
You can never say that we don't know how to pack a day!
This will end my series on Kentucky for now. We hiked one more day on interesting trails, but nothing as spectacular, and visited a couple of places on the way home.
I think tomorrow I'll share the end of season garden goodies, and then I'll be on my way on Wednesday!
In news at home: I am within sight of completing the two big paperwork/computer projects! Errands, laundry, mowed (just one more piece to go tomorrow), some dealing with plants because it will certainly frost once or twice before I get home, some packing (that's also almost done but is awaiting a few odds and ends). I also got to spend about an hour with Cathy. Her girls are all there and are acting as gatekeepers because all kinds of people want to come by and help do something. Doug was much loved in the community. But Bekah let me know that Cathy would like to see me before I left. She's doing as well as can be expected.
![]() | See Auxier Ridge Trail |







That was one fun filled day. I would enjoy seeing all those things.
ReplyDeleteJava Bean: "Ayyy, that is one big hole in the ground. It might be even bigger than the ones we have dug in the backyard ..."
ReplyDelete