Entries to Win Afghan

▼

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Swishes and Swirls


enhanced photo of sand

Just having fun today. These are all pictures of swirly details from my afternoon walk, but then I played with them a bit.

enhanced photo of sand

No official game here at all, but can you guess what each picture started out as?

enhanced photo of sand

I couldn't resist messing with the colors too.

enhanced photo of sand


See My World is Blue
See No Bird in the Apple Tree


7 comments:

  1. I must come back and look at these again tomorrow - too weary tonight, I am going around in circles! They're intoxicating.g

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice photos!! Beautiful textures and designs--no matter WHAT they began as....ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here are my guesses:

    Sand on the bed of a shallow stream, leaves by the waters edge, an imprint (of a boot?) in the sand, dappled light through the leaves.

    Am I close? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. RNSANE- Intoxicating! I like that idea. (well, not literally, but that my pictures made you feel that way)

    Karen- I love textures. I should do this more often.

    John- Here you go: sand on the bed of a shallow stream (you were right on!), foam collecting in a slow eddy of the same stream, a double knot on a fencepost, and clouds on a gray and overcast afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you already answered these because I would have never guessed. The first two look to me like there are leaves in them. I like that third one because it makes me think of a satellite photo of a lost city or something.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think the picture is look misterius,
    little blur, deep, and ...
    hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ratty- Yeah, that third one reminds me of the old game Xevious.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! You inspire me, and I get to know you better.