Entries to Win Afghan

Monday, August 17, 2026

Random Flowers

 Here is the 'Banana Split' Sedum in full bloom. It's WAY too tall for its space, but it may not be that tall next year, so I'll leave it alone for now. I like the dark leaves and pale yellow flowers.
banana split sedum


After umpteen years, the wild Orpine is blooming. The deer think it is candy, but keeping it in prison has done the job this year, and I think this is only the second time it's bloomed. This is a native sedum.
wild orpine


In theory, I have a lot of naked lilies. The original patch was down at the other house. I moved some up here and they are in the beds with the day lilies. But, they don't like to be moved and it takes them several years to get established. I think they bloomed a couple of times, but now those ones haven't bloomed for years. Not sure why. This year, the original patch down by the road bloomed. This is really an amarylis rather than a lily. In the spring it has a shock of strappy leaves which die back, and then in late summer the naked stalk comes up nearly overnight and blooms.
naked lily


It was supposed to rain while I was gone, but it didn't. I came home to several unhappy plants. I don't think anything is dead, but some are sad. And something dug up two of the Gazania. I've replanted them. We'll see how they do. And now I'm watering everything.

Worked my little job in the morning. Walked to the library. Started that home repair job that I bought parts for twice last week. Had it almost back together and something else broke. I'm not going out again today. Maybe I'll get it finished tomorrow. Sigh.

Miles walked in 2026: 294.4
Road walk to town and back.

See Naked Lily

2 comments:

  1. Oh I like the looks of the first. The others are very nice too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann- yes, I'm really happy with that one. It was one of my online purchases. I just need to find the right location for it.

      Delete

Leave a comment! You inspire me, and I get to know you better.