Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Monday, August 11, 2014

1-2-3 and a Freebie

 
Naked Lilies. One of the few flowers here that nothing eats. Or maybe it just comes up too quickly. The deer even ate my day lilies this year. It's quite hopeless.

But here they are. Three days in a row. The leaves come up in spring, then completely die back, and these naked stalks come up in August, so fast you can almost watch them grow.

naked lily

naked lily

naked lily

And the freebie? Have another monarch butterfly. I liked how the grass just seemed to fade away softly and made the butterfly stand out.

monarch butterfly

See Naked Lilies
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks. Nice pictures and reminder of the beauty and wonder around us.

Ann said...

I've never seen a lily like that before. How interesting. I was going to ask if they ever had leaves. You must have anticipated that question :)
Nice shot of the monarch. I can never get a picture of a butterfly

Secondary Roads said...

Love the texture and tones in the monarch shot.

The Furry Gnome said...

Still hoping for my first monarch here.

RNSANE said...

Beautiful flower...wonderful why nothing munches on it...and I love seeing the Monarch, one of California's favorite butterflies but I haven't been home long enough, or so it seems, to see them there in the last year or so.