Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Tuesday, September 8, 2026

2026- Rock Garden Report #3

 There hasn't been a full rock garden report since May! Somehow, it wasn't a great year, although things are filling in quite nicely. I haven't weeded a third time, and that's not going to happen at all unless the weather is still cooperative in late October.

This angle made a nice-looking view today, though.
rock garden


I'm not sure if it was the heat or what. I thought I was doing a good job of watering regurlarly when it didn't rain, but anyway, some of the sedums have nice blooms. This is 'Dazzleberry.'
sedum dazzleberry


'Coraljade'- one of my favorites because it changes a lot over the season.
sedum coraljade


This one was new last year, and I'm also happy with it. 'Oriental Dancer.' It's spread quite a bit.
sedum oriental dancer


Here's the one from friend Margaret that seems to be reliable. The tall sedums are mostly renamed as Hylotelephium. I think this is 'Rosenteller.'
hylotelephium rosenteller


Perhaps the best looking one this year is 'Vera Jameson,' from my friend Betty.
vera jameson sedum


This is not rock garden, but the Coleus have held their own, and certainly look better than nothing in that part of the front bed.
coleus


This has been a fast, no-frills report, but I'm in flat-out panic mode now. I was doing well, but several things this morning took way longer than I expected, and now I'm in a rush. And it looks like I'll have to pack the car in the rain in the morning. O well.

In other news: errands all morning, including a chance for a short visit with my friend Betty who has had some serious health concerns this year. None of us is getting younger.

I finished the mowing in a light drizzle. I finished one of my major projects, and am within an hour of finishing the other one.

All the stuff to go in the car is in the middle of the kitchen, but it is not packed or organized yet. And there are a couple of things I have not been able to find. Not so happy about that. Nevertheless, I will leave mid-day tomorrow!

See 2026- Rock Garden Report #2

2 comments:

Ann said...

All your plants are looking good. Weeding has not been on the list of things I could manage doing this year.
Safe travels toyou

The Oceanside Animals said...

Java Bean: "Ayyy, it's always when you're in a hurry that everything takes longer than it should! At least, that's what our Dada says. We wouldn't know, personally ..."