Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Thursday, November 5, 2009

My Low Budget Black Taco Ad

 
Have you seen the Black Taco ad on TV? I think it's pretty well done. Here's my low budget version for your enjoyment (with some commentary).

Black Birds
black birds in tree

These starlings were swarming in the aspen tree on Tuesday. Today, I saw that silly bluebird again. WHAT is he still doing here?

Black Dirt
pile of black dirt

This pile of nice black dirt has been sitting in the cemetery for months. I think they plan to re-landscape one section eventually. Meanwhile, I liked the contrast with the yellow leaves in the sun.

Black Spots
tar spot fungus on maple

Tar spot fungus on Norway maple leaf.

Black Trees
trees silhouetted in orange sunset

Tonight's sunset.

Black Dog
black chihuahua

Loopy (and Joshua) after today's checkup at the vet. All is well!

No Black Dinner
Turkish soup

Sorry... nothing black for dinner- I warned you this was low budget. But I made Turkish Buttermilk Soup with barley. It was good.


See Spooky
See The Point of My Quality Day

7 comments:

Rick (Ratty) said...

This is better than the real Taco Bell commercials. I like your pictures much better than the thought of eating a black taco though. I like Taco Bell, but the ones around here seem obsessed with poisoning their customers. Their food is supposed to be mildly spicy, but their taco shells and chips are not supposed to be bitter and hot.

The soup in your picture looks like heaven right now though.

Rick (Ratty) said...

Sorry for the second comment, but Hooray for Loopy! I like dogs too much to leave that out.

Icy BC said...

Great photos, Sharkbytes! The soup looks delicious, and the dog is lovable..

Sharkbytes said...

Hi Ratty- I'm not a big Taco Bell fan. The food is all too processed. But whoever is doing their ad campaign got a winner with that commercial, I think.

All cheers for little Loopy are welcome! Yo quiero Lupito.

Sharkbytes said...

Icy- Thanks! I thought the soup looked very gray myself. But it tastes really good, and it's super easy. A good recipe to remember because I usually have the ingredients on hand.

jeanlivingsimple said...

I just got a tweet from Kristi Hindes. She has added this post to her online publication and listing me as the provider. Here is the link:
http://paper.li/kristihines/photobloggers#

You deserve the exposure!

Sharkbytes said...

Wow, Jean! Thanks so much!