We took a snack break at one point where there were fewer bugs. The two younger women were our hike leaders. And Juki the pup.
I had a lot of trouble identifying where exactly we were. I didn't realize the BT maps weren't installed on this phone. (They are now.) But I think this is Salt Fork Creek.
One couple that was on the hike were Kim and Bob Rosatti from New York. Bob is the volunteer who has taken over Mary Coffin's role in trying to complete trail through the Adirondacks. Between him and Will Brazill- the NY/VT Regional Trail coordinator that Bill and I met last year things are really coming together.
In the afternoon, I attended one of the workshops on some Ohio history. I didn't know that Salt Fork State Park is the largest SP in Ohio.
Then I had to finish my presentation for tomorrow on the Long-Distance Hiker program. Got that done!
Nice short talk by Mary Mertz the Director of the Ohio State Parks. She really supports the Buckeye and North Country Trails.
After dinner, they showed an award-winning movie called Ohio- Wild at Heart that was really beautiful and worthy of awards.
There was a campfire after that with Bigfoot stories. I skipped that. I'm pretty overwhelmed with people stuff. All good, but I think I'm at my limit for the day. Back in the tent.
Milies walked in 2026: 319.8
NCT miles hiked in 2026: 128
![]() | See Arrived at Salt Fork |






1 comment:
Sounds like a good day
Post a Comment