We had started shortly before this picture at the Cumberland Ranger Station.
The biggest excitement of the day was this copperhead right in the trail. We took pix and talked to it a bit, and then I flipped it off the trail (I did not hurt it).
Caney Creek is flooded a long way upstream from the dam. Whenever it narrowed the water was this jade green.
Much more annoying than the snake is the dozens of orb weavers who put full webs across the trail right at face height. Most of them were black and white. But this one is a handsomw Arrowhead Orb Weaver, Verrucosa arenata. They don't bite, but I hate getting the webs plastered all over my face.
And... found a new-to- me plant- American Dittany. Cunila origanoides. Not a great picture. I'll try to get a better one.
Best news of the day- we got rained on twice. Being wet kept me much cooler. But I'll need to break out some dry clothes for morning.
Tomorrow is shorter miles, but a BIG hill. I have to go lie down soon. Again, we drove up the hill to get service for blogging and all the internet things.
Miles hiked in 2026:: 375
Miles hiked on Sheltowee Trace: 50.7
Sheltowee Trace, from Cumberland Ranger Station to Clear Creek Campground, 13.4 miles.
![]() | See Sheltowee Trace- Day 3/A> |







No comments:
Post a Comment