Entries to Win Afghan


If you like my books, essays, etc. you might want to put your name on this private email list (no spam ever) for advance notices, coupons, and occasional freebies. Tell your friends too! Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Previous gifts include a short story, a poem and a half-off coupon for the newest book. Sign up, and don't miss out!"
Winners are: 3rd place- e-book of your choice: Wendy Nystrom. 2nd place- book of your choice, paper or e-book: Sue Ann Crawford. Winner of the afghan: Elaine Hull.

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Trying New Recipes- Always an Adventure

 



Since I'll be continuing my temp job painting an apartment this week I wanted to make enough good food to see me through the week. If I come home too tired to fix something I'll just grab something really junky to eat, even though I prefer some good veggies or something. So today I made a pot of Gypsy Stew from the Moosewood Cookbook. Trying to do too much at one time, I overcooked it a little, but it's pretty good, just not so pretty to look at, as it would be if the colors were still bright. And I was brave and even added the tofu. It's ok, doesn't taste like much of anything really.

Pictured with the soup are Carrot Sweet Potato low-fat Muffins. I'll actually be eating those for my breakfasts. Now these are a loser on two fronts, but I'll eat them anyway. First of all, I thought I was trying a new recipe, but discovered when I was all done that the values were already in our big nutrition data base... so much for new. But why hadn't I made any notes on the recipe card? Who knows... I should have. They are pretty low on my list of favorite muffins, and they were a lot of work too.

The big winner was more Pumpkin Bread which we already knew turns out to be quite good on a consistent basis. No exception today. Yum!

So, I made a list to do all this cooking for today, and finished it by 3 pm, with the kitchen cleaned. That's a big accomplishment!


See Maybe I Finally Have the Hang of It
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


0 comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin