Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Sunday, September 9, 2018

5/35/2

 
Cathy and I did another training walk today. A serious one. We went out to the community college and did the cross-country race course and then some additional miles. Total of 5 miles.

The race course is mowed through grass, but not really recently mowed, so the walking is more difficult, and this is a really hilly course. Some Joe-pye weed, Boneset and Goldenrod in bloom.

Joe-pye weed, Boneset and Goldenrod

I carried 35 pounds in my pack. That is right up there with my trip weight.

We also walked past the college pond.

pond

We did all this in two hours, and that included two short rest breaks. Not bad. My knees are a little stiff, but nothing awful.

It's really nice to have someone walking with me. It's harder to think about all the things that hurt when you can visit.

In other news: I'm closing in on the trail food project. One more trip to the grocery for raw ingredients for two hot meals, and a few odds and ends, but I have an awful lot done.

See Four Miles and Comfort Food
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


1 comment:

Ann Thompson said...

Sounds like you are good to go with the training. It is nice to have someone keep your mind 9ff the things that hurt.