Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Monday, November 23, 2020

Five Flat Farm Miles

  Drove 1.5 miles so I could walk a road loop that was at least different from my usual. Nothing spectacular. But it was nice and quiet, and I did walk 5 miles. The rows of corn stubble make great patterns. rows of corn stubble

Farms look like they are hunkered down and waiting for the snow. farm on cloudy day

The best find was two of these Golden Harvest Crabapple trees. They are garden varieties, but two trees seem to have gone wild- growing near the edge of the road. They are edible, but they are often left as ornamentals because the fruits persist into the winter lending a spot of bright color. Each fruit is a little over an inch in diameter. Golden Harvest crabapple

In other news: I wrote chapter 13 in Dead Mule Swamp Singer. And I continued to try to find the box of things I'm looking for. Still no luck. I am giving up tomorrow. It will turn up somewhere I'm not expecting it. Probably right after I put away the other things I want to collect with it.

See Farm Country

2 comments:

Ann said...

Love the sky in that first picture. The crabapples are a nice splash of color.

Sharkbytes said...

Hi Ann- yes... it turned out to make a nice composition!