Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Monday, January 22, 2024

Big Wheel Keep on Turnin'

 Miss Pink keeps herself fit and trim with a spin on the wheel! She got a clean cage and yummy mixed seeds today.
mouse in an exercise wheel


Randy, Annette and I went out for breakfast. Then Annette went to work, and Randy works from home. I enjoyed a book I picked up at a free library while they were working.

In the afternoon we chatted with a dog-trainer friend to get some tips for what might help CoCo with her anxiety. This is a great pup, and I like her enough that I want her to develop into a calm adult dog that isn't a constant problem to keep. She's really smart and reminds me a bit of my long-gone Chips (not in looks, but temperament).
chocolate lab


This evening, we went out to eat with one other couple who have become good friends of mine here in Florence. This is Dr. D. and Becky. He still practices at a medical office three days a week, and he also heads up several mission trips a year through the church. Becky works with the church. He's written a few books and is one of those people who are knowledgeable on many topics. Always fun to talk to.
friends


It finally got above freezing, and we got most of the ice off the driveway and did some other household chores. The water in Randy and Annette's kitchen faucet still hasn't thawed. They don't seem to be worried about bursting pipes. They say it's frozen before. Me, I'd be concerned and trying to get some heat tape on it, but it's not my decision.

Tomorrow, I'm back on the road.

See Got Out to One Place

3 comments:

Ann said...

Hope they got some good advice to help CoCo

The Oceanside Animals said...

Lulu: "Our Dada's cousin has a wheel like that in her house! Only it's much bigger and her cats use it!"
Charlee: "I am not running in a wheel like some kind of hamster."
Oona: "Oona will do it!!!"
Chaplin: "Shocker."
Java Bean: "Ayyy, we are happy to hear about the advice for CoCo! It is hard to be an anxious dog, trust me, I know!"

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- me too, big time

Java- I am sorry you are anxious too. CoCo wants to go to school and learn to be a good doggie so she can stay with these wonderful humans.