Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Top Commenters- Ann Has Been Deposed! (and a Pie)

crabapple pie

Yesterday, Om and I made a pie- a crabapple pie! It will be featured on Grazing the Ditches tomorrow, with the recipe. It turned out AMAZING.

Now for the important stuff. Here are the top commenters for August, and Ann did not come in at first place! She has been deposed by Carmen! Ann's been really busy, and Carmen's been really faithful.

I really do appreciate all my faithful readers, so here are the top ten for the last month!

There were 45 different people who left messages in August, and a total of 229 separate comments (not counting my own responses to them).

The top 10 commenters for August are:
Carmen's Chronicles (Carmen- 30 comments)- Carmen like to participate in memes showing colors and her city- San Francisco.
Ann's Snap & Edit (Ann- 27 comments)- Ann's been busy making very fun stuff for a craft show, but she still managed second place.
The Joys of Simple Life (Betchai- 21 comments) hiking on glaciers, strolling mountain meadows full of flowers- she's done it all, and she'll show you.
My Journey (rainfield61- 19 comments)- he speaks with ferns and shadows
Don't Unplug Your Hub (John- 13 comments)- great stories- he says he's taking a break from blogging- go tell him not to!
String Too Short to Tie (David (vanilla)- 11 comments)- He might share history, Indiana life, a funny story from his past- go find out, tied with
The Everyday Adventurer (Ratty- 11 comments)- he's off to visit his dad for a while, but there are lots of posts to browse
Secondary Roads (Chuck- 9 comments)- Chuck and Sylvia just celebrated 50 years together!
Duck & Wheel with String (Lin- 8 comments)- putting the frogs to bed and tending an emptying nest, tied with
Spinning Lovely Days (Ivy- 8 comments)- we're awaiting the birth of her little boy

The small banner in the sidebar for a month is just a tiny way to say thanks for sharing your thoughts. A blogger is motivated to keep on partly because people take time to interact. Thank you, my friends!

if you like this blog, click the +1  

8 comments:

Lin said...

Dang! Chuck beat me by one???! Hey, at least I made it on the tote board this month! Hooray!

Always a pleasure coming here, Sharkey! :)

Secondary Roads said...

Wow! As poor as I was I beat Lin--by one? That's great.

Our 50th is coming up this Friday. We had to schedule the photo shoot at a time that we could get the rest of our family together.

vanilla said...

I would so have been looking for the crabapple pie recipe. But my crabapple crop "failed" this year for the first time ever. Just a few scrawny, sorry things. Too hot, too dry too long, I guess.

Ann said...

I kind of had a feeling someone would beat me this month :)
The pie looks really good

Sharkbytes said...

Hi Lin- Glad you can stop by sometimes, and I'm happy you were in the top group this time.

Chuck- I didn't see the date in your posts, but figured it was soon.

vanilla- so sad... maybe next year

Ann- there are no real losers here, but I have to razz you a bit

rainfield61 said...

Am I so quiet in August?

I might have talked too much with the ferns and little critters.

Sharkbytes said...

rainfield- you were number 4- that's pretty good- and you were on a trip part of the time.

RNSANE said...

I love your blog and it gets me out and hiking ( vicariously ) though I can't take off any pounds that way.

I wish I were there to have a piece of that crabapple pie.

I sure hope I can be a top commenter when I make the transition to India. I may have some catching up to do!