Entries to Win Afghan


If you like my books, essays, etc. you might want to put your name on this private email list (no spam ever) for advance notices, coupons, and occasional freebies. Tell your friends too! Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Previous gifts include a short story, a poem and a half-off coupon for the newest book. Sign up, and don't miss out!"
Winners are: 3rd place- e-book of your choice: Wendy Nystrom. 2nd place- book of your choice, paper or e-book: Sue Ann Crawford. Winner of the afghan: Elaine Hull.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Goobye Philly, Hello New York

 
This is always a whole lot of travel time. It's a wonderful experience in the middle, but wow. All day today in the car, and I still won't be home until tomorrow night.

A final goodbye to Philly on the way out of town.

Philadelphia skyline

I had a wonderful time, but all the way back to Syracuse, NY, I kept looking out the windows at the hills and streams and wanting to be out there, a whole lot.

Interstate 81 runs right up the Tioughnioga Valley (say tee-UFF-nee-o-ga). This is a bit east of where I grew up, and I'd never realized what a big, long valley it is. It drains south into the Chenango and then into the Susquehanna, and Chesapeake Bay. I just looked it up, and the Susquehanna is the longest river in the Northeast US.

Pictures from a moving vehicle through the window, but I think you can still see what a lovely valley it is.

Tioughnioga Valley WIDTH=

Tonight with another friend you may remember, Irene.

Home tomorrow, and then I should be able to sort pictures. Hang in there!

if you like this blog, click the +1  

4 comments:

Ann said...

Have a safe trip. I hate those long car rides

spinninglovelydays said...

Wow, an entire day in the car -- sounds exhausting. Hope you get lots of rest when you get home.

Lin said...

Oh, how fun!! Can't wait to see all the photos from the flower show!

RNSANE said...

A few days back, I spent fifteen hours away from Bangalore...not all of it driving...heading to South India. It was fabulous, though..wonderful scenery and a visit to Mysore Palace and the 700 year old Hindu temple at Somnathpur....quite a bumpy ride much of the way. I think I lost weight.

Your scenery is quite different.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin