Entries to Win Afghan


If you like my books, essays, etc. you might want to put your name on this private email list (no spam ever) for advance notices, coupons, and occasional freebies. Tell your friends too! Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Previous gifts include a short story, a poem and a half-off coupon for the newest book. Sign up, and don't miss out!"
Winners are: 3rd place- e-book of your choice: Wendy Nystrom. 2nd place- book of your choice, paper or e-book: Sue Ann Crawford. Winner of the afghan: Elaine Hull.

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Wheels, Worship, and...

 
Today was our annual church picnic. Om and I rode our bikes to town for it.

bikers

It's always held at one of the city parks in the open air. The weather was clear. It was a bit too hot for me, but everyone else was pretty happy.

outdoor worship

and... the third W is Wet. Things ended with a water balloon fight, which of course escalated to super-shooters, and dumping coolers over people's heads. I escaped by virtue of having a camera around my neck.

bikers

if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


5 comments:

Lin said...

Looks like a fun time. I'm with you...I'd rather not join in the getting wet part.

Ratty said...

The kind of things I miss from going to church as a kid was all the fun stuff we did together like that.

Ann said...

although I wouldn't want to look like a drowned rat I have to admit that a water fight sounds fun

vanilla said...

Right with you up to the third "W" Not a fan of being soaked.

Sharkbytes said...

Lin- some days I would consider it great fun, but I didn't want to ride home with a wet behind.

Ratty- yes, church becomes something like family when it's done right

Ann- it was very tempting just to cool off but see note to Lin

vanilla- some days I am, but see ditto

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin