Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Friday, May 28, 2021

Getting Acquainted

  By afternoon, in spite of the chilly temperature, the grass had dried out, so I decided to get acquainted with the "new" mower. As expected, there are some things about this one that are better than my old one, and some not as good. But it was definitely a great deal for me. mowed lawn

Mostly, I concentrated on getting comfortable with where the various controls are. I'd had the old one so long I didn't even have to think about how to make it do what I wanted. Not quite there with this one yet. mowed lawn

As you can imagine, by this late in the spring, the yard looked more like a hayfield. But I got the part down by the road hacked off. Now it looks like a short hayfield. That's about half of what I mow. mowed lawn

Before I could even start this, I had to go pop out a bunch of autumn olive saplings. 27 of them, to be exact. They are the worst thing about the years I don't manage to keep things mowed. They just sprout overnight. It seems that way, anyway.

In other news: I had a headache this morning, but mangaged to putter at some bookkeeping kinds of things. Got groceries in the late afternoon. You can tell it's a holiday weekend in a tourist town. Traffic was nuts. One major disappointment- I did not get a book award that I thought I had a good shot at. O well.

Tomorrow is a vendor event.

See Mower and More

3 comments:

Ann said...

I can almost smell the fresh mown grass.
Sorry about the book award.

Sharkbytes said...

Thanks, Ann!

The Oceanside Animals said...

Lulu: "That is a lot of mowing! If you'd like, I can help out by coming over to roll around in the freshly cut grass."
Charlee: "How is that helping out?"
Lulu: "Well, it'd be fun, anyway."
Chaplin: "We're sorry to hear about the award. Next time for sure!"