Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Friday, November 5, 2021

My Trailer Redo - Day 176- Two Trim Items

  I actually did the first of these a week ago, but decided to lump the two jobs into one BIG ITEM on my list, so, yeah!!!! I can cross one off today.

It had to be below 65 degrees to put the striping tape over the place where the yellow and white paint lines meet. It was pretty easy. I did stretch it too much on one of the bumps, so it's not perfect either. Had to cut that and patch it. striping tape on a trailer

Here's one side of the trailer with the tape in place. The paint job was good enough that this wasn't a crucial item, but I had the tape and wanted to do it. You can see inside and tell that I did this before the kitchen area was done. side of a small fiberglass trailer

The other item was more time consuming. I needed to cut a piece of aluminum angle iron to make a new threshold. I don't have tools or skill to do much metal work. However, this was pretty basic. I would like you to notice that little notch at the edge of the door. I did OK with that.

I was determined to finish this today, and finished just as it was getting dark.

So now I can stop being concerned that I'm going to catch the edge of the floor vinyl and rip it. We did have a piece of a pool noodle snuggled over it. That did the job, and made the door seal at the bottom, but it was a total pain. There is still going to be a pool noodle involved in insulation for now because I guess the only solution for the sprung door is to rebuild it. But, the door edge looks tidy again. metal threshold on a trailer door

Biggest headache was that I broke the sabre saw (I guess they call them jig saws now). Our first one lasted 40 years. This one has lasted less than 15. I got a Craftsman. The one that broke was an Hitachi. I never liked it, so my heart isn't broken. Here's my criteria for my purchase... It had the smallest handle. Apparently power tool companies think that small people should not want to build anything. Personally, I think it's not very safe if I can't get my hand around the grip of a power tool. Anyway, I went to the store and got a new one. No sense prolonging the agony... I have to have a saw to get the trailer done.

In other news: I worked on food in the morning and the trailer all afternoon. I'm at the point where I do what I can on any of the remaining projects until I have to let something dry or cure or whatever, and then I find something else I can do. 26 BIG ITEMS to do (36 done), and 33 small ones to do (21 done). 25 days to go.

See Kitchen Walls

2 comments:

Ann said...

Good job on both. Nice to be able to cross a big item off the list also.

Sharkbytes said...

Hi Ann- I need to be making more of the crossing off happen!