Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Moonlighting in the Daylight

  I'm still in Petoskey. My friends have 2 Air BnB units, and they had to juggle the schedule, and their regular cleaning person is on vacation. So I stayed for a little extra cash to clean one of the units.

I've been making a good dent in my promise to myself to spend as much time as I want reading books for as long as I want to since I'm taking a break from hiking. It's probably the thing I've missed most while hiking. That said, I've managed to read maybe 10-15 in the past year, but that's way off my usual mark of 100ish.

But here I am at a house with shelves full of books I haven't yet read. I managed one children's book (research), one book about George Washington (my favorite historical period), one history of the 1936 U.S. rowing team that took the gold medal at the Berlin Olympics (it was riveting!), and 3 thrillers just for fun. I read parts of the book about Mother Theresa. I really wanted to like it because I wanted to know more about her, but it was pretty dry reading.
books

I'm really and truly going home tomorrow.

See Rope Lights
See the joke about me cleaning kitchens

3 comments:

Ann said...

Nice way to spend cold winter days.

The Oceanside Animals said...

Lulu: "Our Dada says he hasn't read any of those, but he's seen the picture on the cover of the Washington book!"
Java Bean: "I'm not sure that really counts for anything ..."

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- it is indeed!

Java- In this case I think it counts. There were a lot of pictures in that book. Quite a few drawings and etchings from that time period that I don't think I'd seen before.