Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Friday, February 3, 2023

About the Same

  There is absolutely nothing of interest to share today. I read 1 1/2 books- still research mode, and did a few puttery things. I thought I would scan and share a photo that I promised years ago, subsequently found, and now can't find again.

Ho hum. So I decided to go back to the earliest SD card I have (not the oldest digital pictures, because I had a digital camera before that which stored photos on 3.5" floppies). This is 2009. But all the SD cards are stored together, so that's easier. And I found a picture of Om and me that I've never shared.

Nothing special, except that I think we look about the same. A little older, but not 13 years older. I'll take it!
a couple


I've been doing some philosophical thinking, but I'm not sure what of that I'm ready to share here at this point. If ever.

I've also discovered, just in the last week, that the Veritas Forum has LOTS of videos on YouTube. If you ever want some serious intellectual debate about and defence of the Christian position, these are for you. They are especially pertinent if you have honest questions about whether any Christian can actually have a brain. I first encountered Veritas Forum when I was in grad school in 1995. I'm really pleased to discover it is still going strong.

See It's For You

4 comments:

Ann said...

That's a nice picture of you and Om

The Oceanside Animals said...

Lulu: "That's a great picture of you! What's 13 years here and there?"
Charlee: "Our Dada says their friends had that old digital camera with the 3.5 inch floppy disk! You would take a picture and then it would whirr for a while and then you could take another one. Things sure have changed!"

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- thanks!

Dada- I used it a TON. I was one of the first people around here to go digital, although I held on to the 35mm for trail pictures till 2009.

Sarah said...

I like to hear your thoughts because you are a deep thinker!

We are always remolding and challenging our truths.