Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Friday, September 22, 2023

Calm Day


Marie and Ed went to Albany for a medical appointment in the morning, and I stayed here and did editing.

Later we went to visit Selma. Marie really keeps tabs on her and her needs, as well as just stopping in a few times a week to see her. She's really spry for 94 and with her nice new walker with a seat, she likes to go outside and sit in the sun for a while.

Her memory is failing some, but she's still good at carrying on a conversation "in the moment." We got her to tell us some things about her growing up years, which was interesting. I am inspired by her all the time. She doesn't see much at all any more, and her hearing is bad too, but she rarely complains. So far, she always knows who I am, and I'm only here a couple of times a year at best. I hope my personal "training" to accentuate the positive will hold true if I make it to 94, and I will be able to focus on the good things that happen. Being in a "home" will never be on my list of desires, but its where a lot of us will eventually end up.


Tomorrow, I have a vendor event in Albany.

See Having a Blast with Ellen

1 comment:

Ann said...

It's always fun to hear older people tell their stories.