Here's a tale of 3 yarrow, Achillea milliflorum. The basic plant has feathery leaves and white flowers. Here, it's growing among a bunch of grass and you can't see the leaves very well. This is the wild, native one. I have some tiny ones starting in the Moon Garden
Here is a good picture of the leaves.
Those leaves are in the rock garden, and although it was just planted last year, I got one flower! Variety 'Cerise Queen.'
Now, let's take a stroll down to a road corner near my house. Since 2011, I have been observing light pink and mottled yarrow along the road. I believe this has to be escaped from someone's garden that is reverting to white.
Here's a more typical one with very light pink and white flowers, mixed. I'm pretty amazed that there are still pink ones there 15 years later.
There are a number of cultivars. I tried to grow one long ago called 'Paprika,' but whatever I got it wasn't 'Paprika,' and it finally died out.
I am just about ready for tomorrow. Just a few final things to do. Took a 5-mile road walk.
Miles walked in 2026: 243.2
Miles for Onekama Challenge: 55
![]() | See Revert |






No comments:
Post a Comment