This is not the first time I've attempted a porch planter, but I can't find that I blogged about it before. One year I had a rather nice looking collection in this old ice cream maker, but I don't know when. The link below is one year that I put some house plants outside for the summer.
So, I thought I'd do red, white, and blue. Betsy gave me a geranium which I assumed would be red when it bloomed. I bought a white petunia, I bought one of those very cool dark blue petunias with white spots. I put them all in the planter with some dangling sedum.
The blue petunia died. I really don't know how that happened since they are all in the same planter and were all watered at the same times. And apparently, I didn't even take a picture of it. That makes me sad, but maybe I can get another one next year.
The geranium has turned out to be pink! So pink and white it is.
One of the years that Loretta was here, I put almost all the house plants on the deck and added some railing planters. That was green and leafy and nifty. It doesn't look like I blogged about that either. O well.
Today the humidity was nearly unbearable. I don't function well. I worked my little summer job this morning, shopped, cleaned up the kitchen, walked 2 miles on the road this evening.
Miles walked in 2026: 250.5
Miles walked Onekanma Challenge: 62.3
![]() | See Porch Plants |


4 comments:
I've always liked the looks of planters like this but I can never remember to water them and they end up dead.
Ann- I'm doing better this year- that's why I'm pretty annoyed that the one plant died.
Java Bean: "Ayyy, it has been pretty humid here lately, too! Our Dada keeps saying 'it's not nearly as humid as back East' but that doesn't seem to cut any ice with anybody ..."
Bean- but if you have ice to cut, that helps!
Post a Comment