Why am I doing this? I have my Granny's body type. This is the grandmother who competed with her brothers in goat cart races, played tennis in bloomers around 1900, rowed boats... Here she is on a horse when she was young and slim.
She climbed Mt. Marcy (highest point in NY state) in 1904.
But here's the thing. She stopped being active before I have any memories of her and became "just another" stout old lady (as to her body shape). Her health took a serious downturn when she was 76. I'm determined to fight off the stoutness. I don't like how I look that way, and more importantly, I don't like how I feel. I'm 78, so I'm already two years up on the loss of health. I weigh what I did in college, although gravity has distributed it a bit differently.
Fun fact- she was still vain enough to lace herself into a corset to try to hold the flab at bay. I remember being allowed to help with all the hooks and strings when I was a small girl. I thought that was fun. But I sure can't imagine wearing one of those contraptions!
My solution? Eat chaffles and salad and rabbit food. Cut down on sugar (I usually crave salt, not sugar anyway).
I'm in a dead heat obsession mode with the maps. Still 11 days of maps to go, but I can't make myself work on other important things until I have these done. Back at it now!
Miles walked in 2026: 296.9
Walked to the library and back.
![]() | See True Blue Gumby II |



No comments:
Post a Comment