These are not in full bloom yet, so you may see them again.
First up is the 'Oriental Dancer.' I'm really happy with this. It was one small stalk last spring, and I wanted a tall plant there.
I also bought this one last year as a broken-off discount table item. It's 'Night Embers.' This one is supposed to be tall, but something chomped it off early this year too. Looks like it's going to bloom anyway though.
On the other hand, the final three are ones I bought this year that I did not think were going to be tall. And given another year in my poor soil, they might not be. That would be fine. But here is the 'Blue Pearl.' At least this time, I'm sure it is the plant I ordered, but I'm still wondering if there are two different ones with the same name- this one and a 'Sunsparkler Blue Pearl.' Anyway, if this gets large in this location it's fine.
I bought two others at the same time, both hybrids. This is 'Peach Pearls.' I like the red stems, and if ends up only moderately tall it can stay in this location.
The last one is 'Banana Split,' and tall won't work in this space. So I'll need to see what this does next year. As a reminder (and you can see more in the link below) I thought the last two were going to be more similar in shape to the 'Coraljade' that I have. And given a year in the ground rather than their first summer out of a nursery pot, they might be. In neither case did I expect the leaves to be so dark, although that's not really a problem. Stay tuned.
I haven't gotten very far with the current weed-through, and I need to get moving on that. I want it to look nice when the next round of sedums start blooming.
Worked my part time job this morning, edited, did odds and ends in the afternoon. Humidity slowed me down again.
![]() | See Some of the New Plants |






No comments:
Post a Comment