Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Thursday, September 10, 2026

Arrived at Salt Fork

  I am at the Trail Fest at Salt Fork State Park, Ohio, and all is well. Bill and Bob are in the Lyme Lounge (Bill's camper), Diane has the aqua tent, and I'm the orange one. Arrived in time to get it up before the rain started. Not serious rain... it would be nice if it stayed that way.
tents at a campground


I did miss dinner, but they saved me a container. So, I got to eat about a half hour ago. Bill checked me in, but I signed up for the wrong hike, so I hope they let me change that. It doesn't return until 4 pm and I have something else I have to do in the afternoon.

Working backwards on the day... the closer I got the more iffy the weather looked. Here's a storm cloud coming in over the hills we are camping in. The car got a brief but nice bath.
storm cloud


The bulk of the day was spent dealing with this. The picture is after I threw the ruined tire back in the car. So you can see I did not exaggerate about shredded. The wheel was OK. Thank goodness for that.

I will not expound on the day. Bill and Diane got to listen to me rant on the phone quite a bit. Bill made the mistake of calling me at the apex of my irritation. It was not one of Joan's better attitude days. However, I have 4 new matching tires of the right size which are hopefully a step or two above crap (jury is still out on that). And I was able to make it to the Trail Fest yet today. Finally left Toledo area at 3:30 pm.
shredded tire


I have not missed an annual Conference, Celebration, Trail Fest or whatever other name it has gone by since 1995, and I wasn't going to miss this year's because of a stupid tire problem.

And now I am going to stop and go to bed.

See At Mariannes's

No comments: