We walked to a shelf cave called Hosak's Cave that has a little waterfall flowing over the top. Well, it's not TOO small- probably 25 feet high.
The other place is Stone House. This was built in 1840 and belonged to one family until it was sold to the state when the reservoir was built in the 1960s. It's made from blocks of local sandstone.
In the afternoon, I attended a workshop about the American Chestnut that was very interesting. I learned some stuff. Then I got in on the second half of another workshop about land protection.
Next up, the Buckeye Trail recognized those who finished hiking the entire 1440 miles of that trail this year.
And I gave a short presentation about the Long-Distance Hiker Recognition program for the North Country Trail.
Then we finally had dinner! Tacos and stuff. After that was the actual awards program. Organizations such as the NCTA and BTA depend strongly on volunteers and giving them recognition is a big part of keeping that morale up. One thing the BTA does is to give out scholarships. You may remember that I stayed with a family in the Dayton area on my big hike.
Their oldest daughter, Oakley, won one of the scholarships!
It has been a whirlwind of activity. Nearly everyone knows me, and I do nonstop talking, hugging, joking, and answering questions at these events. Great stuff, but exhausting.
Now, I'm going to bed!
Miles walked in 2026: 323.8
![]() | See Ohio Trail Fest-Friday |







No comments:
Post a Comment