Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Moods of My Backyard

 

photo label

I love to watch how the light and vegetation changes in my back yard. There was a hard frost last night, but the sun warmed things quickly in the morning. The frost burned off in this interesting pattern of stripes today.

See links below for some of the other moods of my backyard.

Wow, how did we get to the end of the month already? I'll have a fun little game for you tomorrow!


See The Fog is Lifting
See Frost, No Fog
See Fog and Frost
See So Not Ready for my favorite foggy back yard

12 comments:

Duxbury Ramblers said...

now that's what I call a backyard. Must be wonderful to watch all the plants and wildlife through the year.

Unknown said...

Whoa, in all of my time out-of-doors, I cannot recall every seeing anything quite like that.

Secondary Roads said...

I see those patterns regularly on frosty mornings. I don't have the trees to create the nifty shadow patterns on the ground. Very nice.

Island Travel said...

Thanks to you I learned something about mosses today. I like the red ones best.

Regards, Papa Sez

Glynis Peters said...

Catching up, love your photographs. The one on this post is beautiful.

RNSANE said...

Talk about the great outdoors, Shark...nothing like the little boxy squares here in Daly City...no lawns or yards, hardly, though we do, occasionally, get a skunk or a racoon, or even a possum!

Joanne Olivieri said...

shark, nature's quilt. Very interesting and I like your fog lifts post as well. Fantastic shots.

Ann said...

what a great shot and a fabulous back yard. I would love to have a back yard like that

Julia said...

I'll try! I need a good game about now. :)

betchai said...

oh, what a vast bakyard you have, you must see a lot of wildlife right in your own backyard.

Rick (Ratty) said...

Things like this are always fun to capture. The uniqueness is why nature is so good. I like that long view too.

Sharkbytes said...

Hi Carol- Well you can see farther than we own, but I do love it!

Fish- It is odd, isn't it?

Chuck- I'm with Fish... not sure I've seen this before.

Hi Papa- We all learn new things just one little piece at a time. Glad to be of service!

Glynis- sometimes I'm alert enough in the morning to run out and take a pic!

Carmen- you may have to look for very small wildlife! Do you have your own microscope left over from your career?

Jo- It is like a quilt!

Ann- We love this location- I try to remember what a gift this is every day.

Julia- life too serious?

betchai- It's old fields and orchards, so there isn't a lot of diversity, but some trees are beginning to grow up. I guess I've seen most of the local species of critters here- no bear, not all the local birds, but it is very nice.

Ratty- I like the collection of how different it has looked at different times.