Entries to Win Afghan


If you like my books, essays, etc. you might want to put your name on this private email list (no spam ever) for advance notices, coupons, and occasional freebies. Tell your friends too! Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Previous gifts include a short story, a poem and a half-off coupon for the newest book. Sign up, and don't miss out!"
Winners are: 3rd place- e-book of your choice: Wendy Nystrom. 2nd place- book of your choice, paper or e-book: Sue Ann Crawford. Winner of the afghan: Elaine Hull.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Augusta Rose again


Augusta Rose B&B

I promised you the exterior of the Augusta Rose, so here you go. Maggie and I took a long walk this afternoon. Trying to rethink what next.


See Augusta Rose


8 comments:

The Retired One said...

Gorgeous house! We used to own a big Victorian house for years, my husband worked so hard on it..stripped all the woodwork on the windows, floors, staircase. It was a lot of work but they have so much character!

rainfield61 said...

How did Maggie response to the beauty of the building?

Ann said...

What a beautiful house. I've always loved the look of Victorian houses. I want a big huge front porch like that too.

Auntie E said...

What a lovely place to stay at.

Dennis the Vizsla said...

Look at all that gingerbread! You just don't see much architecture like that out here in Sandy Eggo.

RNSANE said...

What a beautiful place, Joan. I would have loved staying there...except I'm having trouble with stairs right now. Both feet are like tree trunks as I wasn't on my diuretic in the hospital. Check out my poem today - on hospitals.

spinninglovelydays said...

What a romantic setup... definitely my kind of place. Hope you enjoyed your stay there. :)

Sharkbytes said...

Joan- they are SO much work. I'm impressed that you kept one up.

rainfield- Maggie got to stay home. She would not have been welcome in a place that nice!

Ann- They sure are impressive. But I'm glad I'm not trying to keep one up.

Auntie E- It surely was!

Dennis- yes, people had smartened up a bit by then.

Carmen- Hope your legs get better soon! But, yes, there were lots of stairs.

Ivy- It was a brief stay, but very pleasant.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin