Entries to Win Afghan


If you like my books, essays, etc. you might want to put your name on this private email list (no spam ever) for advance notices, coupons, and occasional freebies. Tell your friends too! Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. The most recent issue contained Chapter 2 of Dead Mule Swamp Druggist. Sign up, and don't miss out!"

Monday, January 3, 2011

An Encampment of British Soldiers


British Soldiers

Just a dusting of snow on the "way back" to winter. But the wind was calm, and it was actually a beautiful day for a walk. Did you know that there is an army in my backyard? It's even a foreign invasion! I viewed their encampment this morning from a spot of high ground.

British Soldiers

OK, so they aren't people after all, they are a little lichen. To be botanical... Cladonia Cristatella. Some people call them matchstick lichen, or Red Crest lichen.
British Soldiers

Tomorrow I'll award the December top commenters links.


See Winter Rainbows I


6 comments:

Julia said...

I liken it! I LIKEN it!

Jean said...

Very Cool, Shark!:)

Duxbury Ramblers said...

It grows here, we call it Red Crest as well as British Soldier. One that I have never found, it is lovely.

rainfield61 said...

Your home is safe for sure with an army around.

Ann said...

how nice to see the color peaking through the snow. I can't wait for spring to start seeing some color around here. I think I've got a long wait :)

Lin said...

You didn't blow their cover, did you?? ;)

How come I don't have cool stuff like that growing in my yard?? Jealous.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin