If you like my books, essays, etc. you might want to put your name on this private email list (no spam ever) for advance notices, coupons, and occasional freebies. Tell your friends too! Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Previous gifts include a short story, a poem and a half-off coupon for the newest book. Sign up, and don't miss out!"

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Hot Enough to Get Me in the Water

 
Nasty hot muggy day. I know most of you in the US are having the same thing, so I don't expect sympathy. I just don't do humidity very well.

But it was hot enough to get me over to Hackert Lake for a swim. I'm SO out of shape! But the water felt good, and I'll work on building up the stamina.

Here's a picture of a catbird I took a couple of days ago. They usually hide in the bushes, so I feel really lucky to catch a picture.

gray

They can be good mimics, but usually they just make a noise like a mewing cat. When I first saw it, it was actually standing in the parking lot. I knew instantly what it was because they often hold their tails cocked upward at a jaunty angle like a huge wren. It's a really odd posture for a large-ish (robin sized) bird.

Tomorrow... resort cleaning day again.

if you like this blog, click the +1  

4 comments:

Chuck said...

Nice shot of the catbird.

It sure has been a scorcher lately. Even though it's unfinished, the basement is dry and a great place to be during the heat of the day.

Ann said...

You got a good picture of the catbird. It's sticky hot here too but right now it's looking like we might get a little rain

Jean said...

Great shot of the shy Grey Catbird, Joan!
They are super great singers.
You should be glad you aren't in Georgia. We are having a major heat wave.:(

Sharkbytes said...

Chuck- I'm glad you have a place to be cool

Ann- I hope you get rain, and that you didn't have the bad winds.

Jean- I really couldn't live in the South

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin