Entries to Win Afghan


If you like my books, essays, etc. you might want to put your name on this private email list (no spam ever) for advance notices, coupons, and occasional freebies. Tell your friends too! Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Previous gifts include a short story, a poem and a half-off coupon for the newest book. Sign up, and don't miss out!"
Winners are: 3rd place- e-book of your choice: Wendy Nystrom. 2nd place- book of your choice, paper or e-book: Sue Ann Crawford. Winner of the afghan: Elaine Hull.

Monday, January 6, 2014

Red-Bellied Woodpecker

 
Quiet day except for having to clear the driveway, which took two hours because Om got stuck twice and I ran out of gas. Didn't take a single picture while I was out. I did a lot of writing.

I did take a poor picture out the window of a red-bellied woodpecker at the feeder. So that is what you get! I know it has a red head, but it also has a reddish belly, and so that is where it gets its name.

red bellied woodpecker

And now our power just went out. So I think I have to shut down.

See Caught the Red-Head for the red-headed woodpecker.
See Flicker for the Flicker
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!

4 comments:

D.G. Hudson said...

Great for an on the fly photo. I love woodpeckers. We have some photos of two on one feeder at a time. If you're interested, here's the link to 'Backyard Birds'.
http://dghudson.blogspot.ca/2013/02/backyard-birds-woodpeckers.html

Good luck in all that wintery weather.

shelly said...

He's beautiful.

Ann said...

he's a pretty one.

catskillblogger said...

I hope it didn't go out for long.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin