Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Friday, December 28, 2018

Light!

 
We had sun! For about 7 minutes this morning before it slipped under the clouds and left us with a gray and rainy day.

sunrise

But those seven minutes were wonderful. When the sun blazes through a slit in the clouds it usually lights up objects to the west, and today was one of those days. I liked the stripes across the driveway leading to a pine.

morning light on pine

And it hit the twin mulberries as so often happens. This picture is very like one from a year ago.

morning light on bare mulberries

And, I've started another watercolor pencil attempt. I'm doing these on regular drawing paper because I don't have any watercolor paper. So they end up wrinkly and it takes a while for it to dry before I can add the next layer. Here's where this one is so far. Remember, I don't know much about what I'm doing... I'm just fooling around yet.

background of a watercolor painting

In other news: I spent most of the day trying to get the page numbers and headers in Dead Mule Swamp Mistletoe to work right. Finally got that done, and am working on my next newsletter. Be sure to give me your email if you aren't on the list and want to be.

See Morning Light
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


1 comment:

Ann said...

If we had sunshine at all yesterday it was while I was at work and I never saw it. I only saw the gray and rainy stuff.
Experimenting with new things is half the fun.