Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Sunday, December 23, 2018

Tar Train

 
There are often train cars sitting on the siding between my house and town. A few days ago, there were some I'd never seen before.

train cars on a siding

It was pretty cool to see something besides the hoppers full of chemicals for making de-icing salt.

asphalt carrying freight car

How about this one?

asphalt carrying freight car

Fast post tonight, because I'm working like mad to finish the edits of the book. Back at it! That's really all I've done today.

See Rail Tales
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


3 comments:

Ann said...

I don't think I have ever seen train cars with asphalt in them before.

Secondary Roads said...

Does this mean that someone will have a black Christmas?

Rick (Ratty) said...

Great stuff. I have always loved looking at the trains. I usually live near them. There are tracks on the main road of my little town so the trains can pick up any grain the farmers have for them. Have a Merry Christmas.