Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Monday, July 29, 2024

Almost Done Times Three

  We awoke to a wet deck from rain in the night. The reflections gave me a picture in my polka dots and stripes category. From my left brain: notice how nicely the stain is repelling water.
reflections of stripes and polka dots


After the rain dried, we put the second coat of stain on the floor.
deck stained terra cotta


But I can only say it's ALMOST done, because we decided it needs one more trim piece along the other wall edge. Back to the hardware store! Of course it needed a custom fit on one end, but that went pretty well. That piece is drying in the garage and we'll install it in the morning.
stained piece of trim


One other thing that's almost done is this pair of pants I brought for the deck job. It doesn't owe me anything. I'm pretty sure these pants were first used on the NCT hike that I finished in 2010. They continued as hiking pants, then were downgraded to work pants (see NCT blue on them?), and finally just plain painting pants. I think they are staying here in a trash can. There is also a hole in the butt.
worn out pants


Sadly, the other thing that's almost done is my time with Marie. I will leave tomorrow. The nice part is that we'll see each other again in just a few weeks since she's coming to the NCT Celebration.

This was supposed to be a rest day, and it mostly was. Just a couple of hours on the deck and fixing dinner.

See I Think We'll Make It
See Polka Dots and Stripes

1 comment:

Ann said...

The deck looks fantastic. The pants, not so much...lol