|If you like my books, essays, etc. you might want to put your name on this private email list (no spam ever) for advance notices, coupons, and occasional freebies. Tell your friends too! Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Previous gifts include a short story, a poem and a half-off coupon for the newest book. Sign up, and don't miss out!"|
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
Wow! I received five entries to the scavenger hunt. I was hoping for more, but maybe it was too hard, or long, or not really fun.... Feel free to give me some feedback about this.
The clear winner is... Auntie E! Her blog is "At Home with Auntie E," and she is the winner of a year long advertisement on this blog. She missed only one answer, AND she submitted a wonderful story to be used as a tiebreaker if necessary. Hers was the only story, and it's really cute. I'll feature it here tomorrow. Here's a teaser; the title is The Adventure of the Rogue Elephant.
Second place goes to a reluctant entrant, because he didn't think he did very well. It's our old friend Ratty of "The Everyday Adventurer," who missed only two answers and followed my "rules" to give the sentence where the answer appeared. He wins a free month of advertising on Adgitize. This was supplied by Ken Brown, the founder of Adgetize.
Third place was captured by another friend, Julia of Our Simple Life. She also only missed two, but only gave the answers. I suspect she's too busy chasing kids and chickens to copy long sentences. Julia wins the fleece throw... not sure she needs it in California, but it should hold up well to the kids! If her new chickens are featherless like the old ones maybe they will like it.
Fourth place goes to Ivy of Spinning Lovely Days, who missed 3. I almost missed her entry- it got caught in my spam filter! Sorry, Ivy! Her blog's tagline is "We persistently weave dreams into real life, consciously campaigning for enchantment as we stroll through moments, savoring the sweetness of living, gratefully rejoicing in blessed freedom, and blissfully not caring that this is a run-on sentence." Sounds good to me! Ivy will get 12 credits on CMF ads for her blog.
The other entry came from Sam Haraldson, a friend of mine from the hiking universe. His blog is Ultralight Backpacking. He missed 3.5, partly because he left on a hike before the last clue was published! Sam will receive a copy of my book North Country Cache. Sam, if you already have a copy, let me know and I'll give you the month of ads instead.
Here are the answers... no one got them all right, but the best entry missed only one. I'll just list the clue and the answer.
1. The coach, the wolf, and the hiker all found this handy - Whistle
2. accessory for the small house of the crescent moon - Toilet Paper
3. sniffy hose - Dirty Socks
4. old hose nose - elephant
5. palindromic watercraft - kayak
6. the perfectly packaged breakfast or the beginning of dinner a few months from now - egg
7. Smith Brothers or Halls? either one will do - cough drop
8. foliage of the genus Acer not necessarily from Toronto - maple leaf
9. this rose relative will keep the doctor away, they say - apple
10. Blue Pipes - lilac blossoms
11. the lowest guy on the 64 square totem pole - chess pawn
12. high quality game stock - blue poker chip
13. illuminating globe - light bulb
14. extend your pinky finger while lifting this - teacup
15. what Alice went through, in other words - mirror
16. do teachers still write "awk" or "sp" in the margins with this - red pencil or red marker
17. Jolly Roger could use some brains in his - skull
18. this will never rain or rein, but if might measure up to reign - ruler
19. toasty oats, nuts, fruit, American style - granola
Thanks for your patience till I processed the entries. I had a chance to earn almost $100 and really had to take advantage of that! I'll get the "paperwork" done for all your prizes tomorrow! A big THANK YOU to all who entered.
See Sharkbytes Scavenger Hunt- Start Here