Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Sure, an' We'll Next Be Goin' to Dublin

 
Dublin Michigan sign

I couldn't resist, since we are on a theme. I've been to Dublin quite often, including today. This Dublin, that is. Are you confused yet?

Dublin Michigan

Dublin, Michigan, is in the middle of nowhere, but enough people live surrounding that nowhere to support what has become something of a local phenomenon, and that is Dublin General Store. It's the large building on the right. It has groceries, camping gear, fishing tackle, hardware... everything you would expect of a general store.

Also on the right is Granny's Kitchen, a small restaurant that stays open all year. Across the road is a gas station and a summer only fudge shop. That's it, folks. You've just toured Dublin (except for a few houses).

See After I've Seen Par-eee
if you like this blog, click the +1  

5 comments:

Secondary Roads said...

There certainly is an international flavor to your neck of the woods. who'd a thunk it?

Duxbury Ramblers said...

Dublin & Paris in two days - Magic I am sure you would enjoy Dublin over the pond, can't speak for Paris never been myself. I can say I have been to New York an area in my Home Town here in England.

Ann said...

I suppose reducing ones speed on the approach to Dublin is a necessity so as not to miss it :)
I can only imagine where you will end up next

Rick (Ratty) said...

That's a much bigger town than the one I live in now. We have a gas station and a bar. I'd love to have a general store and a restaurant. I'm envious.

Sharkbytes said...

Chuck- It makes me want to find more. After all, three of anything is a collection!

Carole- now I want to see your New York!

Ann- it really is tiny!

Ratty- wow- I guess you don't have to worry about crowds.