Warning! If you are a safety freak, or a new parent/grandparent, don't send me hate mail. I'm fresh out of babies here, and this just struck me funny...
So, Loretta left today. Well, that's neither funny nor happy. We had a great time and she helped me accomplish things I never would have gotten done on my own. *
She went and got some of those "space bags" that you hook to your vacuum cleaner and suck out the air. They allow you to pack more stuff in the same amount of space. So, we compressed a pile of her sweaters and a coat so she could get things in her suitcase. (She bought a ski jacket while she was here.) We got all done, and I noticed the safety warning.
Don't you just wonder what people are thinking sometimes?
See the image in the lower right? Just in case I didn't think of it on my own, I've been warned not to put a baby in the bag and suck out the air. Oooooo Kaaaaaaay. I promise I won't, for today at least.
Or maybe it means you should put a seat belt on the baby before you put it in the bag and suck out all the air...
(Really, no hate mail, please. It probably means don't give it to a baby as a toy, but I think that's a visual symbol that has some problems.)
* I didn't treat Loretta as slave labor. We worked out a deal whereby she agreed to help me do a bunch of stuff. We did:
1. Cooked holiday food
2. Kept the piles of dirty dishes to a minimum for 10 days!
3. Sorted all my work mileage records for 2011
4. Filed an overflowing notebook of North Country Cache sales records
5. Made calls to all stores that had books on consignment
6. Made a few calls to stores that might want more books
7. Took a whole car load of dead computers and peripherals to Goodwill
8. Got all salvageable items out of the collapsing shed
9. Fixed the dining room light switch
10. Had some fun too!
|See Trail Work Day|
|if you like this blog, click the +1 |