Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Playful Squirrels

 
Since Ratty isn't regularly posting enough pictures of squirrels to keep us entertained any more (there's a blog buddy I miss, but he's busy getting his life re-established in Iowa), I'll bring you a couple of playful gray squirrels.

Even though the one looks a bit orange on the side, the white underparts clearly identify this as a gray squirrel.

gray squirrel

gray squirrel

These two were chasing each other from roof to tree and back. There were black walnuts in the yard. Although I didn't see the squirrels collecting any, I suspect that was part of the attraction of the area to them.

Just as an aside, I now have 677 photos on my Shark Shots photo site. Slowly, but surely, I keep adding to it.

See Unusual Squirrel
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!

6 comments:

Jackie said...

Oh I do love to watch squirrels. The gray ones are really pretty.

They are my favorites. We don't have them here in Oklahoma. We only have the smaller red squirrels.

I get to watch them when I visit the kids back in Maine though.

Great shots you got there Shark. Thanks for taking the time to share them with us.

I am smiling!!:-)

Secondary Roads said...

Cute little rascals. Aren't they?

FWIW, your link doesn't work to the animals doesn't work. I received the 404 message. Sri. :(

rainfield61 said...

Yes, I remember those day where squirrels running around in the Internet.

Ann said...

Yes it has been a long time since I've seen Ratty's squirrels so it's nice of you to share yours.

Sharkbytes said...

Jackie- the little red ones are so cute, but they are little marauders!

Chuck- rascals is right!

rainfield- Ratty was so good at finding squirrel antics for us!

Ann- I actually don't see them as often as he seemed to, but he was so good at getting their pictures.

John said...

We moved house last week and I haven't seen any squirrels in the new garden... I keep looking and hoping :-)