Entries to Win Afghan


If you like my books, essays, etc. you might want to put your name on this private email list (no spam ever) for advance notices, coupons, and occasional freebies. Tell your friends too! Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Previous gifts include a short story, a poem and a half-off coupon for the newest book. Sign up, and don't miss out!"
Winners are: 3rd place- e-book of your choice: Wendy Nystrom. 2nd place- book of your choice, paper or e-book: Sue Ann Crawford. Winner of the afghan: Elaine Hull.

Friday, September 6, 2013

Something Worth Looking At?

 
What is Micah looking at so intently? Has he developed a strong love for daisies?

Monarch on Shasta daisies

Is there something hiding in the flowers?

Monarch on Shasta daisies

A Monarch butterfly collecting energy for its long flight.


Monarch on Shasta daisies

Micah's mom said she couldn't remember how to tell if it was a boy or a girl butterfly. Micah said, "It's a girl."

"How do you know?" Mom said.

"All butterflies are girls!" Now you know. Micah said so.

(This was taken at a work assignment, but His mom said I could use his picture)

See Trail Work Day
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


9 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

Glad to see at least one picture of a monarch from this summer!

Ratty said...

I think of certain animals as either boys or girls, but I don't think I ever thought about it with butterflies. This post makes me wonder why not.

rose of Walk in the Woods, LLC said...

Wonderful post. So sweet. And I love the images of the beautiful Monarch.

rose of Walk in the Woods, LLC said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ann said...

love the pictures and Micah's wisdom concerning butterflies :)

Lin said...

I used to raise monarch butterflies. The males have a large dot on one of the veins on the wings...on the lower part of each wing. It is not hard to see--you can spot it very easily.

Secondary Roads said...

I thought I'd learned something news when I read this. Then I read Lin's post and did learn something new.

Duxbury Ramblers said...

We don't have Monarchs but we see them in our butterfly conservatories - but I have just learned that we do get the very rare migrant, amazing.

RNSANE said...

Daisies are my favorite of all flowers...and they abound in the San Francisco area ( in fact, I think that's where I first remember seeing one - when I was visiting as a teenager ). Of course, Monarch butterflies abound in our area, too...I always love seeing them.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin