Entries to Win Afghan


If you like my books, essays, etc. you might want to put your name on this private email list (no spam ever) for advance notices, coupons, and occasional freebies. Tell your friends too! Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Next issue will contain Chapter 2 of Dead Mule Swamp Druggist. Sign up, and don't miss out!"

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

0607 - 0822

 
Clearly these are not nearly as good as many I saw on Facebook. I don't know how to get good moon pictures with this camera. But I was awake, so I had to try.

0607

blood moon eclipse

0638

blood moon eclipse

And to counteract the rather sinister-looking natural phenomenon, the sunrise brought yellow light and glowing trees.

0822

sun on trees

if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


6 comments:

Loritenor said...

Wow!! Well, we were both watching the same scene at the same exact time, but my photo looks like a blurred white smear on a black canvas! It was pretty amazing to watch though and worth getting up at 5am

vanilla said...

Well-done. Really. I was still asleep.

Ann said...

I got to see this yesterday morning. I was already at work before it started but when my manager got there he asked if I saw it so I peeked out the back door.

Secondary Roads said...

I only read about this yesterday--too late for viewing. Your pics are fine, and they allow me to enjoy the eclipse that I missed. Thanks!

Lin said...

Thanks for showing me what I missed. The only thing I saw at that hour was the back of my eyelids.

Sharkbytes said...

Loretta- I don't think these are very good pictures. I just have to learn how to do this better. Probably need manual settings.

vanilla- I woke up, so I decided to look.

Ann- I'm glad you got to see it.

Chuck and Lin- I'm actually glad I got to see this. It WAS different from others I've watched. The red color was awesome.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin