Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Thursday, December 22, 2016

Caution- Cooking Ahead

 
Although I do a fair number of cooking posts, it's because they are sort of events. Those who know me well know that my mantra is "I've already fulfilled my lifetime quota of cooking."

That said, I can be coerced into the activity given one or more of the following:

1. I prefer my own cooking to processed foods, and most restaurant foods, so I must cook if I want to eat some things.

2. Someone is going to eat it that really appreciates it.

3. Some or all of the key ingredients were free.

So, about a month ago, our Josh walked in the door carrying a not insignificant frozen turkey. He won it! All 19 pounds of it. He doesn't even like turkey.

There's no way I'm doing that for two of us. However, there is a party at work tomorrow. Solution. Except this means I have to cook. Bragging shamelessly, I will say that my turkeys (my Mom's actually) are significantly good.

This has to be ready to eat at noon tomorrow. That means it has to go in the oven at 4 am. Hmmm. Doing the stuffing this evening.

Cooking sausage...

cooking sausage

Chopping vegetables...

chopped vegetables

Omer made the cranberry relish.

making relish

Most to share. Some to keep back for us.

cranberry relish

Apparently it's been 3 years since I did one of Mom's turkeys. I suppose it's time. Link to previous one below.

See Thanksgiving 2013
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


3 comments:

vanilla said...

I'll have a bite of that crabberry salad, please. Happy party and merry Christmas!

Ann said...

I'm a bit hungry now. What time did you say your party is?...lol
I don't do much cooking any more and it's hard to cook for just 2 people

Secondary Roads said...

It used to be the turkey's turn, but soon someone else will be going gobble gobble. Hope it turns out well for you.