Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Sunday, December 10, 2017

It's B-b-b-back

 
Remember the nature alphabets? Remember the letter B? It's now almost unreadable.

the letter B in pine trees

The top of the B has gotten fuller and taller. The serifs are growing.

Here it is in 2010.

the letter B in pine trees

Here it is when I first used it as the letter in 2009

the letter B in pine trees

I like the white pines so much. I planted all of these myself. The tallest were less than a foot high when I put them out in 1992.

This clump has started producing babies on its own. There are now three little ones beside my trail that I did not plant. I first found these in 2014, but now they are clearly seen above the grass.

baby pine trees

In other news: I skied yesterday and today, but the snow was much better today. Other than that it's been all editing. I'm over 2/3 of the way through Dead Mule Swamp Druggist for what I hope will be the last time.

See The Letter B and its Serifs
See Surprises in My Kingdom
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


2 comments:

Ann said...

That "B" looks like it's been eating well :)

Secondary Roads said...

It is interesting how plants, shrubs and trees grow. Should we say, "Bye bye" to B?