Entries to Win Afghan


If you like my books, essays, etc. you might want to put your name on this private email list (no spam ever) for advance notices, coupons, and occasional freebies. Tell your friends too! Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Previous gifts include a short story, a poem and a half-off coupon for the newest book. Sign up, and don't miss out!"
Winners are: 3rd place- e-book of your choice: Wendy Nystrom. 2nd place- book of your choice, paper or e-book: Sue Ann Crawford. Winner of the afghan: Elaine Hull.

Saturday, September 4, 2010

The Letter B and its Serifs

 

the letter B seen in trees

Remember the alphabet? I'm sure you do! But were you here last year when I found examples of it in natural features? As I walked by the "B" location today I did a double take. I realized that the baby pine trees were now adding serifs to the top and bottom of the stem.

But, let's check my memory. Here's the letter B as originally presented
the letter B seen in trees

It had those serifs a year ago too, but I guess my mind just removed them. Of course, the baby pines grew quite a bit this year. See their story link below.


See Report on the Baby White Pines

7 comments:

RNSANE said...

It's nice to see trees in wide open spaces, with room to grow.

Auntie E said...

Oh I finally get it.. I know I'm a bit slow. The letter B, or a Bear on it's back. the ink blot test,lol. Hubby says that's Winny the Pooh...

Jean said...

I love white pines and enjoyed your humor.:)

Secondary Roads said...

I loved nature's alphabet series that you did Shark. The B look lush this year.

spinninglovelydays said...

I loved the nature alphabet images you shared with us. That was really clever.

Ann said...

I think I came in near the end of your alphabet last year. I don't remember seeing the B last year. It has grown quite a bit over the year

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

Carmen- it's an old field that I'm trying to turn into a pine forest... so there's plenty of open space!

Auntie E- A Bear on its Back! I love it!

Jean- I think you are too "new" to have seen the whole alphabet project. It was so much fun!

Chuck- Yes, you can even tell that the big trees are wider.

Ivy- It was fun, wasn't it? You'll have to help me think up a project for this year.

Ann- It has grown, as has our cyber-friendship.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin