Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Temporary Spring

 
There have been some small tantalizing hints of spring warmth, but it's going to come to a crashing halt tomorrow. Meanwhile, enjoy some little happy moments.

A turkey in my yard. I saw some spreading their tails yesterday, but no pictures.

wild turkey

The crocuses are starting to open and provide a little color.

crocus

And this little pond had peepers and chorus frogs singing!

small pond

Today was busy, busy. I finished the short story, "The Valley." I thought it wasn't going to get warm enough to paint. Then I thought it would, then I thought it wouldn't. Then I checked the thermometer and it was 52 degrees in the shade and it was only 1:30. Ha! I quick uncovered the trailer and got the prep done and the first of the topcoats on the spots I'm painting.

Then I had to clean up, do errands, go to bell choir practice, and then to writers' group. Had to cover the trailer in the dark after I got home, but it was worth it! Had time for a quick walk before bell choir on their short trail by the church.

See I Found Spring
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!

1 comment:

Ann said...

I hope the weather you are expecting doesn't come here next. I'm enjoying the warmer days and the subtle hints of spring.