Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Shades of Blue

 
The best part of today was an unexpected perk of going to the bank. They had a quilt on display that is being auctioned off to benefit the local school. It is hand pieced by local people, but machine quilted.

Starstruck Quilt

Not only is the color palette one of my favorites, but I love that each block is different. The quilt as a whole is named "Starstruck." I tried to look up some of the designs, but my book is very old (it was my grandmother's), and designs have evolved. Several of them are variations on the Lemoyne Star, including the large central star.

Here's a closer look at one motif, and the machine quilting.

Starstruck Quilt

P.S. Go figure. I'm not sore at all from yesterday. A tiny bit stiff, but no big deal. The uneven surface was much better than, say, a paved or road surface. On those, you just keep banging the same spots on joints and feet step after step. Still, I'm pleased that the body held up so well.

In other news: I was such a good girl today. I worked on financial accounts, miscellaneous things I needed to do, a couple of longish phone calls, errands, and then bell choir practice. I'm about ready for a meltdown from so much discipline, but I'm going to keep it up for 1 1/2 more days. Then I'm off for a vendor event and visits on the weekend.

See Cars, Quilts and Books

2 comments:

Ann said...

I really like that quilt. Very nice.
Good to hear that you aren't sore from yesterdays hike.

Lin said...

I LOVE a blue/white quilt. I have one, actually. Hand stitched yet too!