Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Monday, April 5, 2021

Albino Twins

  I had been told there were two albino squirrels in the development where I am painting. Today, they came out to play where I could see them. albino Squirrel

Even though they didn't seem to be aware that I was watching, they were very good at keeping their backs to the houses. albino Squirrel

These pictures are taken through a patio door, so the focus could be better, but they aren't terrible. albino Squirrel

The bright white coloring contrasts with the background, so you can see their feet and positions better. albino Squirrel

Bye, bye! albino Squirrel

In other news: I painted for almost 5 hours. Other than that, I'm having a tired and hungry day.

See Albino Deer

3 comments:

Ann said...

That's something you do see often. And then for there to be 2 of them.

The Furry Gnome said...

Wow! I've never seen anything like it!

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- once the genes start running in a population they pop up every so often. I suspect these are siblings

Stew- see comment to Ann. We must have a few of the recessive genes in the area because there are several of these squirrels in the area north of Ludington. There is an albino deer population about 30 miles away.