Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Saturday, April 24, 2021

Happy Birthday to Me!

  We started right out on a hike on my favorite trail with two friends, Marie and Cathy! We did 6 miles, going across the Big Sable River on the Vince Smith Bridge and back. hikers on  a bridge

The hole in the ground from yesterday? We recovered my old fire pit, which was new for my 50th birthday. Built a fire and cooked up a batch of hamburgers to enjoy now and later. hamburgers on a grill

Instead of cake, I made a cherry pie! Yum, yum. cherry pie

Then Marie and I played a new card game she just learned this year. playing cards

The trees in back of my house are in full spring coler. I love them at this stage! springtime trees

A very, very nice birthday. Thanks to everyone who sent me wishes on Facebook or in email.

Miles on the North Country Trail in 2021 is at 220.

North Country Trail, Lake County, MI, 5 Mile Rd south 3 miles and back

See Cherry Pie II

6 comments:

Lin said...

What a wonderful birthday you had!! Happy Birthday, Shark. Glad you were with good friends on your special day.

Ann said...

Happy Birthday. Sounds like you had a perfect day.

The Furry Gnome said...

That firepit looks great! And cherry pie is better than cake any day!

Sharkbytes said...

Lin- It really was!

Ann- hard to beat it on so many levels!

Stew- Thanks. I was surprised how easily we recovered it. Pie for breakfast today too!

The Oceanside Animals said...

Charlee: "Happy belated birthday!"
Lulu: "Many happy returns!"

Sharkbytes said...

Marie- thank you

Charlee, Chaplin and Lulu- Thank you my friends!