Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Friday, June 30, 2023

Best Pictures of January 2022


I do not have all the pictures I took from January 2022 in the data base yet. However, I need to start just looking through everything so I can get an inspiration for the new program I need to put together.

From January 2022, I've chosen what I think are the 8 best pictures to share again. I am calling them "best," not because they necessarily tell the story best, but because I think they are simply the best actual photographs. I've left them full size, so you can click on them and see them larger. That always makes photos look better. I don't think there are as many really good pictures from January as some other months. There were too many foggy, rainy, overcast days which did not offer good light to work with.

But the fog helped this picture to be interesting. This is the reflection of a bridge in Delphos, OH. All of January was spent in Ohio.
reflection of bridge in Delphos Ohio


The next picture was taken about two minutes later. Part of the Miami Erie Canal through Delphos is still watered and the banks tended.


Almost anywhere in Ohio there are interesting contrasts between the bare sycamore trees with very white bark and whatever is in the background.
bare sycamore branches


Turning the corner to head east in southern Ohio, this is a view from Bat Roost Road across the Ohio River into Kentucky.
blue hills


I just loved this tiny cabin tucked beneath a frosty tree. Of course the red roof "makes it."
small cabin in frosty trees


As I recall, this was our coldest morning at something below zero. But the sun was out. Magical!
barn and gate with sun on snow


Another reflection. More sycamore. I'm a complete sucker for bare roots doing their thing.
bare roots reflected


This last one really leads me on. Winter, real winter, ahead. You can't see what's on the other side of the rise...
snowy road


One of the things I learned today is that I have not killed all the biting ants in the rock garden yet. Nice surprise ahead tomorrow. Stay tuned.

See Best Pictures of December 2021

3 comments:

Ann said...

These are all wonderful. The fog gives the photos a mysterious look. I really like the one of the little cabin. The next one with the part of the barn and the gate was my favorite until I saw the last one. That one is hands down winner.

Sharkbytes said...

Hi Ann- yeah, I like the little cabin, but that last one really draws you in.

The Oceanside Animals said...

Lulu: "That stone bridge looks very European, especially in the fog!"